Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October Challenge: Pizza



I really enjoyed my second Baker's Challenge because it is something I would frequently bake for family dinners, if I became skilled at it. The dough was a breeze to make with my countertop mixer. I've had it for years and had never used the dough hook before! I like that the recipe made enough dough to stash some in the freezer for later, too. Stretching the dough and tossing it will take a little more practice, but it was a lot of fun, especially trying to get a photo of the dough airborne before its crash landing.



I topped the pizza with canned chunky vegetable spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, red onions, sun-dried tomatoes and beef tenderloin. My family had been a fan of this topping combination at a local restaurant before it was taken off the menu. The finished result was delicious - just as we remembered. And...I have more dough in the freezer.




- Party Princess

No comments: