Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Daring Bakers SUCCESSFUL First Challenge! :)

This is my first daring bakers task and I was anticipating what it would be for the past couple of weeks. I must say that I usually bake cakes and cookies and this is the very first time for me to make crackers – Lavash.

Getting my ingredients ready unrisen dough

Since I am not familiar with bread making/making crackers and using yeast I was already half expecting to do the recipe over and over again in anticipation of failure. I'm glad it did not turn out that way. In fact it turned out to be a good experience for me. I'm not sure if I was kneading the dough correctly though but I must have been doing something right since the lavash came out ok.

rolled out dough getting ready for the oven

I topped the lavash with poppy seeds and sesame seed and sea salt. I decided to run my pizza cutter along in a diamond pattern before baking. They came out crisp and golden brown and snapped easily.

fresh out of the oven

All in all it was a great experience. I would not normally make this as I am a creature of habit – meaning I usually stick to baking the usual cakes and cookies. I’m very glad I attempted to do this and I might add successful at it too. Can't wait for the next daring bakers experience!

Ready to eat

- aleli

No comments: