Saturday, September 27, 2008

September Gluten-free Vegan Cracker Challenge!!

Hi all, bethanykae here with a funny story for you about my first challenge!

I have to say I was less than thrilled to get these crackers as my first challenge. In the past, my experience with gluten free anything has been less than delicious. After finally finding the right flour, I made them, took some pictures, but hadn’t made a dip yet. I am a baker and don’t ever make dips; it’s not my thing. I didn’t know what to make, so I put it off.

PICT0016 DSCN1390

So, I had these crackers and didn’t even want to try them because I thought they’d be gross. I had some with poppy seeds, some with garlic, and some with cinnamon sugar. I left them out and told my mom to try them all. She reports they are good, “they are better than Wheat Thins”! I am shocked but not sold, so I reluctantly tried them for myself. Ha! Who knew? They were delicious! My mom and I ate them all before I ever even made any dip to go with them!

So I finally found a humus recipe to make with my less than cooperative blender and am remaking my crackers as I type (the night before they are due)!

DSCN1393

Here are the final results! Yum! Thanks and apologies to Natalie from Gluten A Go Go, and co-host Shel, of Musings From the Fishbowl! I stand corrected. Gluten-free vegan crackers can be awesome!

DSCN1397

Until next month!

- bethanykae

No comments: