Saturday, September 27, 2008

I just Dare to be a Baker. For the first time.

Vegan? Gluten free? Never tried those before, so why not. First attempt was both successful and…not as the Lavash was ate before I even started with the dip. It’s such a great snack just as it is!! But than I got my little Help-er.

Photo1

And we made it again. It was topped with nigella on one half and cumin seeds on the other (we got two sheets out of the recipe)

Photo2

At the begining I was thinking of dozens of dips I could make for Lavash. Humus. Black olives Tapenade. Hot & Spicy salsa. Guacamole. Hot apple chutney. Sweet apple/cinnamon sauce. Even poppyseed dessert. But I could only make them after visiting store. And I was running out of time, as the Lavash was already on the table. So I made an eggplant/tomato/red pepper/onion/chili/olive kind of dip (i just used vegetables available-meaning: in my fridge). It was almost too late. But I managed to take a photo. One.

Photo3

Definitely I’ll make it again. I just stopped believing in dips. Thanks Shel and Natalie for hosting. I look forward to October.

- Borgia

No comments: