Friday, January 30, 2009

TUILLE OR NOT TUILLE

I definitely did not think that I would be this frustrated with this months challenge.


This month's challenge is brought to us by Karen of Bake My Day and Zorra of 1x umruehren bitte aka Kochtopf. They have chosen Tuiles from The Chocolate Book by Angélique Schmeink and Nougatine and Chocolate Tuiles from Michel Roux.



As you will see in the pictures that I have posted my tuilles did not come out right. So many trials until I finally gave up. I had batches that were too thin so they burned and this set of pictures show you that they were undercooked or too thick. Frustrating indeed.


Maybe next time I'll be luckier...this is definitely not tuille!

- Aleli

1 comment:

Karen Baking Soda said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! I've seen a few mishaps with other bakers and usually it's mentioned that the batter is quite firm. This made me think that a difference in flour might be causing that?