Friday, January 30, 2009

Tuiles!

Well, tuiles. I LOVE them. Just like I love just about everything else!

This month's challenge is brought to us by Karen of Bake My Day and Zorra of 1x umruehren bitte aka Kochtopf. They have chosen Tuiles from The Chocolate Book by Angélique Schmeink and Nougatine and Chocolate Tuiles from Michel Roux.

Cut to the chase, because everyone knows by now that I won't have pictures. 

I did lots of ice cream, and lots of tiny ice cream cones. I dipped some of each into tempered dark chocolate.

I tried the nougatine and regular tuile recipes. Along with a total freezer clean out of a ton of ice creams..banana ice cream,  chocolate/peanut butter swirl IC, brown sugar IC and olive oil IC. Also guava/mango sorbet, pineapple/cranberry sorbet, and pomegranate sorbet. I was all over with flavors but had something for everyone.

I ended up bringing everything to Hubb's precinct and had a mid-winter ice cream party with his fellow officers. They loved it. 

Then I decided to get a little wild. For a dinner party I made the savory tuile recipe and did the same cones except this time i filled these with an Uni cream. it was seriously out of this world. Odd, but great.

--Marisa--

1 comment:

Karen Baking Soda said...

Wonderful ideas! Yr husbands colleagues sure must have been happy!