Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Perfect Party Cake (truly!)



A wonderful occasion deserves a special cake and Dorie Greenspan's Perfect Party Cake delivers and delivers consistently. I've used this recipe many times in the past with great results every time. The cake is moist which I've found is not the case with most other white cake recipes that I've tried. The layers don't bake up very high in a 9" cake pan so I've taken to using my 8" by 3" high pan (the standard cake size in Canada) which results in 3 perfect layers. There's not much more that I need to say about this great recipe so I've simply attached my pictures.

I keep forgetting to take pictures though after we've cut into the cakes - too busy enjoying (hoovering it back!) to remember to pick up the camera! You'll have to trust me that the buttercream and raspberry curd layers are the perfect complement to the sponge layers and pop against the snowy white background of the cake. The chocolate decorations are also fun to make and I think make for a whimsical cake. Thanks Morven for another fun-filled challenge.







5 comments:

Sheltie Girl said...

Simply fabulous job!

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

AranciOnissimA said...

cIAO bella la tua torta! mi piacciono soprattutto i disegni!
Baci AranciOnissimA

Sandicita said...

I am in awe of you cake decorating skills. You are a true artist!!! Wow.

Morven said...

Your cakes are gorgeous!

Angel said...

Those are such cute decorations. Magnificent job!!!