Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Kickin' Frustration's Heiney in the Knead

final_loaf_for_db_challenge_-_2

I found this recipe to be very straightforward and good in terms of bread-baking. What I decided to do was make one very enormous loaf of bread for sandwiches since we were receiving our container from America with movers coming to help unpack the container and I wanted to make sure we had enough sandwich bread on hand.

bread_with_yeast_and_potato_water

getting_ready_to_rise

The dough was not hard to work with in my opinion. I used a fair amount of potatoes - 16 ounces - but if I were to make this again I probably would not use that many potatoes simply because I am a fan of very airy, holey bread and this was more dense with a tight crumb.

getting_ready_to_knead

However, I received rave reviews on the bread and it was tasty. I wished I could have made a focaccia and plan on trying to make one with potatoes and rosemary on the top the next time.

This was a fun challenge, it made me realize how nice it is to get my hands dirty with dough and knead out frustrations. Thanks for a great recipe!

final_loaf_close-up_-_2

Monica

** Hi it's Lis :) I want to apologize to Monica and all of ya'll for getting her post up so late. She got it to me in plenty of time, but I dropped the ball and didn't see it until just recently. I'm so sorry! Forgive me? Please? Pretty please?

xoxo

5 comments:

Sheltie Girl said...

Monica - Great job on the bread!

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

Gabi said...

Glad you enjoyed the challenge Monica!
xoxo
Gabi

Christine said...

Great job, Monica!

Julie said...

Kudos for getting this challenge done in the midst of moving! I'm glad to hear it was received well!

Dolores said...

I'm with you Monica, getting my hands dirty (and my clothing covered in flour) is one of my favorite parts of the bread baking experience. :)