Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pizza Crazy!

Sorry I'm a little late posting, but these past few days have been hectic! This is my first Daring Bakers challenge, and it was so much fun! Although I did have some difficulties, and my creations may not be the prettiest things to look at.

So, with my six balls of pizza dough, I made a pizza, a calzone, bosco sticks (cheese-stuffed breadsticks), breadsticks that tasted like Little Caesars', and cinnamon sticks.

I really did not follow a recipe for any of them, I just went off what I thought would taste good. I bought my own pizza sauce (sorry if I cheated), and really I just loaded the calzones and pizza with melted butter, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. I made it stuffed-crust by rolling the dough over some cheese sticks (not very neatly, if you can tell from my picture). I dipped the sticks in my pizza sauce, and the cinnamon sticks in some melted chocolate. Yumm...

I DID try the tossing method, but I soon found out I cannot catch. So rolling pin it was.

All in all, I had a blast. I can't wait for next month. :D






No comments: