Monday, December 29, 2008

Daring Bakers December Challenge



This month's challenge is brought to us by the adventurous Hilda from Saffron and Blueberry and Marion from Il en Faut Peu Pour Etre Heureux.
They have chosen a French Yule Log by Flore from Florilege Gourmand

The name of cookbook/website link for this challenge [http://plaisirgourmand.perso.cegetel.net/index.html]

The name of the December 2008 challenge recipe author is [Flore].

Link to challenge: Hilda of Saffron & Blueberry (http://saffronandblueberry.blogspot.com/) and Marion of (Il en faut peu pour etre heureux (http://ilenfautpeupour.canalblog.com/).

I was a little apprehensive about my first Daring Bakers Challenge, but in the end, turned out to be a fun process with a dessert to enjoy in the end. I procrastinated making the yule log until the holiday madness, eh, I mean holiday cheer was complete.



I liked making the layers rather than rolling the log. I tried to stick to the basic recipe, but I would definitely love to try the variations on the layers, especially the coconut. I was to anxious to cut the log and take some pics. I think it needed to set longer in the fridge. The yule log was a nice alternative to the over abundance of holiday cookies.

Thanks to Lauren of illeatyou.com for introducing me to the Daring Bakers. Looking forward to the next challenge!

- Abby

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Abby, your log looks divine! I like the use of sprinkles! Welcome to the daring bakers.

sincerely,
Lauren, (sitting across the desk from you)