Friday, March 27, 2009

Daring Baker's Lasagna


I don’t know what went wrong?! I purchased very nice products for the various parts and I followed the instructions precisely. I spent hours on this lasagna! The night before I made the lasagna pasta and let it dry for an hour or so before packing it in for the night. I have made pasta before and have a terrific manual pasta “machine” – I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to try to roll it out by hand to the desired “thinness”. The next day I spent a lot of time laboriously adding items to the meat sauce and letting it cook and reduce for the maximum time. In the end it looked good but tasted bland and had a gluey texture. What a disappointment after all that work! I even thought that perhaps it might be better the next day for leftovers. My daughter bravely ate a helping for lunch, but I couldn’t stomach it. I ended up being a “lasagna tosser” which is quite unusual because I often end up eating leftovers that no one else will so as not “to waste perfectly good food”. In the future I think I’ll stick with my tried and true lasagna that I can throw together in under an hour and tastes delicious.

- Robin

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hey Robin ... I've tossed a few dishes in my days as well. The great thing is you tried it!